Fire guts 4 shops in Chandpur; six burned01 February 2023
UNB, Chandpur :
Four shops were gutted in a fire that broke out at a market in Natun Bazar area of Chandpur's Matlab Uttar upazila early Wednesday.
The fire broke out at a shop in Islamia Market around 2am and soon engulfed three adjacent shops, said Zakir Hossain, station officer of Matlab Uttar Fire Service and Civil Defense.
At least six people suffered burn injuries while trying to extinguish the fire.
The identities of the injured could not be known immediately.
On information, a fire fighting unit rushed to the spot and it took them nearly an hour to bring the blaze under control, added the official.
Fire fighters the fire might have originated from an electric short circuit.
The affected shop owners claim that the extent of the losses caused by the fire is around Tk 8/9 lakh.