Fire kills 8th grader in Magura14 March 2023
UNB, Magura :
An eighth grader was charred to death when a fire broke out in a cowshed at Bagbaria village in Sreepur upazila on Monday night.
The deceased was identified as Miraj Mollah,14, son of Faizar Mollah of Bagbaria village. He was a student of Chargoalpara Secondary School.
Ali Sazzad, deputy assistant director of Magura Fire Service and Civil Defense, said the fire broke out in the cowshed of Faizar around 8:30pm and engulfed an adjoining house.
Noticing the fire, when Miraj tried to bring out the cows from the cowshed he caught fire and died.
Three goats and a cow were also burnt in the fire. A battery-run van, bicycle and all the furniture of the house were gutted.
On information, firefighters from Sreepur Fire Service and Civil Defense extinguished the blaze.
Later, Upazila Executive Officer Kamlesh Majumder, Assistant Commissioner (Land) Shyamanand Kundu, Project Implementation Officer Kohinur Jahan, Goeshpur Union Parishad Chairman Abdul Halim Mollah visited the victim's family and assured them of full cooperation.
The fire might have originated from a mosquito coil, added the officer.